Online Options Trading
Powerful Tools for Your Option Strategies
Scottrade provides robust option trading tools and comprehensive online education to support your experience level and trading goals. You can trade options from any of our platforms.
Tools Designed to Give You an Edge:
- Compute potential profit and loss by analyzing scenarios to explore how option prices are affected by
dynamic market forces.
- Use the Options Skew tool to help you detect your optimal contract by visually representing an option
contract’s implied volatility.
- Review volatility indicators that reflect price volatility trends to help determine whether options are cheap
- Access fully customizable option chains, allowing you to identify expirations by viewing multiple
expirations in the same window.
Enhance your ability to react to changing market conditions with a variety of option strategies available at Scottrade.
The following option strategies are available on all Scottrade trading platforms:
- Income strategies – sell cash-secured puts and covered calls
- Growth strategies – buy puts and calls
- Speculative strategies – sell uncovered puts
Mini Options Contracts
Options traders may now buy and sell ten share options contracts, known as mini stock options for the securities listed here:
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- Amazon.com Inc (AMZN)
- Google Inc (GOOG)
- SPDR Gold Trust ETF Fund (GLD)
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY)
Mini Options Trading
The commission schedule for mini options trading is the same as basic stock options. Options traders will pay $7 online trade commission plus $1.25 per mini option contract.
Understanding the Risks of Trading Options
Options trading has a high degree of risk and is not appropriate for all investors. Please read the following documents and agreements carefully prior to opening an options trading account: