Freeze or Unfreeze Your ATM/Debit Card
If you have lost your Scottrade Bank® ATM/debit card, you may be concerned it could have fallen into the wrong hands. To eliminate concern, you have the ability to place a “freeze” on it. This renders your card unusable. If you find your card, you can just as easily “unfreeze” it.
Note: If you can't find your card for an extended period of time, it may be a good idea to report it as Lost or Stolen.
To Freeze or Unfreeze Your Card:
- Log in to your account and hover over the Banking tab.
- Click Manage ATM/Debit Cards. If you have a joint account where more than one card exists, you'll first see a Select a Card to Manage drop-down menu.
- Choose Freeze or Unfreeze Your Card in the Action drop-down menu.
- Click Freeze my Card. (Note: If you have already placed a freeze on a card, you will see an option to Unfreeze.)
- Once you click Freeze My Card, a green confirmation message will appear. No new transactions will be honored.
- To unfreeze your card at any time, click Unfreeze My Card.
- After you click Unfreeze My Card, a green confirmation message will appear. Your card will be ready for immediate use.