Modify or Delete Stop Payment Requests
Until a stop payment request has been fulfilled, you can delete (cancel) the request or modify the details of the stop payment request to correct inaccurate information.
You can modify and delete stop payment requests by hovering over the Banking tab and selecting Stop Payment.
To Modify Stop Payment Requests:
- On the Stop Payment page, click the Modify link that corresponds to the stop payment request you want to change.
- You can modify the check amount, payee or reason for the stop payment request from this page. You cannot modify the account number or check number(s). To change the account or check numbers, delete the stop payment request and place a new one.
- Once you have completed your modifications, click Submit.
To Delete Stop Payment Requests:
- On the Stop Payment page, click the Delete link that corresponds to the stop payment request you want to cancel.
- A dialog box will appear to confirm that you want to delete the stop payment request. Click OK.