Transferring External Assets
How to Transfer a Brokerage Account to Scottrade Online
You can now easily move an entire account to Scottrade, completely online. For partial account transfers, you will need to complete the Account Transfer Form, and deliver, mail or fax it to your local Scottrade team.
Full Account Transfer
To transfer your brokerage account:
- Log in to your Scottrade account and hover over the My Account tab.
- Select Deposits. Then choose Move an Account to Scottrade.
- Under Move an Account to Scottrade, click on the blue link, “Full Account Transfer to your Brokerage Account.”
- Choose your external account type from the drop-down menu. Click Continue.
- Enter your details for the external account you are transferring to Scottrade.
- Attach an account statement. (This is optional.)
Attach an Account Statement
To attach a statement from the external brokerage account that you are moving into Scottrade, you have a few choices:
- Save an electronic version of your external brokerage account statement to your computer.
- Scan the paper version of your last external brokerage account statement, and save it to your computer.
- Take a photo of your external brokerage account statement, email it to yourself or transfer it to your computer, and save it to your computer.
Then, click Attach a Statement. Click Choose File. Locate your file and click Attach.
- Click Continue.
- Review your new Scottrade account information and your attached statement (if applicable).
- Click and read the Account Transfer Agreement (PDF). Check the box if you accept the terms.
- If everything looks accurate, click Submit Request.
- View your confirmation screen.
Transfer Complete Confirmation
Your transfer will take approximately 7-10 days. (It may take longer if the account titles or types do not match.)