Account linking allows the primary authorized account holder access and trading capabilities in secondary accounts. New accounts can be linked only after the Subscriber Agreements have been completed. These are located in the Agreements section of the Forms Center.
To establish linked accounts, follow the steps below:
- Download the Account Linking Limited Trading Authorization form located in the Forms Center.
- Primary and Secondary account holders must complete the form.
- Fax or mail the form to your local Scottrade branch office.
- Scottrade will enable the accounts for account linking.
- The process may take up to 4-5 business days.
After account linking has been enabled, you will notice a drop-down menu in the top left of all pages right under the Scottrade® logo. Using this menu, you will be able to select the account you would like to view. The primary account will be able to select any account to which they have been granted access.
Once your accounts are linked, you'll be able to view your linking status and change your settings in the My Account menu. Hover over My Account, then click My Information & Preferences under the Account Details heading. On that page, click the Display Name & Linking tab.