New Issue Security Trading
To buy a New Issue from your Scottrade account:
- Hover over Trade at the top of your screen.
- In the menu that expands, click CDs & Bonds Overview under the Trade CDs & Bonds heading.
- On this page, click on the tab titled 'New Issues' in the middle of this row.
- The new issues being offered will appear in alphabetical list format. Click on the blue Buy button located on the left side of your screen next to the new issue that you want to purchase.
- When the order screen appears, enter the quantity you wish to purchase in the 'Qty' box on the left side of your screen. The minimum purchase offered is 5 bonds per order.
- Once you have entered the quantity of bonds you wish to purchase, click the 'Preview Order' button located on the right side of your screen.
- Review your order information for accuracy before selecting 'Submit Order' at the right side of the screen.
- Once you submit your order, a confirmation 'Buy Order' will appear on the screen for you to review your trade information
To sell a New Issue from your Scottrade account:
You may sell your bonds online or through your local Scottrade® branch office . If you call your local branch office for assistance selling bonds, please be ready to provide your bond's description, size and CUSIP number. The price you receive for your bond will depend on market conditions, and may be higher or lower than the price you paid for the note. Scottrade reserves the right to act as principal on any Fixed Income trade.
Bonds involve risks including, but not limited to interest rate risk, reinvestment risk, inflation risk, call risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, market risk, default risk, event risk and a risk of loss of principal. New issue offerings are sold by prospectus or offering circular available by contacting Scottrade. Investors should read these carefully.