The Market Statistics page provides a visual performance recap for the NASDAQ, NYSE, NYSE MKT, DOW 30 and S&P 500, and includes access to customizable charts that measure indexes, sectors, breadth, fixed income, currencies and commodities. To access Market Statistics, hover over Quotes & Research and click Market Statistics under the Markets heading.
Under the Recap tab at the top of the Market Statistics page, you can choose to view intraday quotes or historical advances and declines for the NASDAY, NYSE, NYSE MKT, DOW 30 or S&P 500. Index quotes are listed in vertical order by default. To switch to a horizontal view, change the Viewing Format from the top right of the Recap tab. To change the order in which the indexes appear, click on the left handle of an index heading and drag that index to a new location.
Click A/D Historical Lines to view charted historical advances and declines by volume for the NASDAQ, NYSE, NYSE MKT, DOW 30 and S&P 500.
To view charted performance statistics, click the Charts tab. Using the top row of buttons under the Charts tab, you can choose to view charts for major indexes, broader indexes, sectors, breadth, fixed income, currencies or commodities. The following choices are available for each type of chart:
- Major Indexes - Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500, NASDAQ Composite, NYSE Composite, NYSE MKT, Russel 2000, S&P 100, NASDAQ 100, S&P 400 MidCap, S&P 600 SmallCap
- Broader Indexes - Dow Jones 65 Composite, Russell 1000, Russell 3000 Index, DJ Wilshire 5000, DJ Global Titans, NYSE International 100, NYSE U.S. 100, NYSE World Leaders, NYSE MKT Major Market, PSE Technology Index
- Sectors - Consumer Discretionary, Consumer Staples, Energy, Financial, Health Care, Industrial, Materials, Technology and Utilities
- Breadth - CBOE Volatility, CBOE DIJA Volatility, CBOE NASDAQ Volatility, Advances/Declines (NYSE), Advances/Declines (NASDAQ), Advances/Declines (NYSE MKT), Arms Index (NYSE TRIN), Arms Index (NASDAQ TRIN), NYSE TICK (Intraday Only), NASDAQ TICK (Intraday Only)
- Fixed Income - 3-Month T-Bill Index, 5-Year Note Index, 10-Year Note Index, 30-Year Note Index, 3-Month T-Bill Yield, 6-Month T-Bill Yield, 2-Year Treasury Yield, 5-Year Treasury Yield, 10-Year Treasury Yield, 30-Year Treasury Yield, U.S. Federal Funds Rate, U.S. Prime Rate, iShares Lehman 1-3, YR Treasury Bond and iShares Lehman 20-Year Treasury Bond
- Currencies - U.S. Dollar Index, Euro/USD, USD/JPY, Euro/JPY, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD
- Commodities - NYSE MKT Oil Index, AMES Natural Gas, NYSE MKT Gold BUGS, NYSE MKT Gold Miners, PHLC Gold & Silver, PHLX Oil Service, DJ-UBS Commodity Index, DJ-UBS Precious Metals, DJ-UBS Energy, DJ-UBS Industrial Metals, DJ-UBS Agriculture
For information on customizing a chart on the Market Statistics page, read Charts under the Stocks section in the Knowledge Center.
A list of the last five quotes you viewed will be displayed in a Recent Quotes widget at the top right of your page. You can choose to view the percent change (%) or dollar change ($) since the previous trading day's closing price for each security listed in the Recent Quotes widget. Click on any symbol to access research for that security.
Latest News Headlines
The most recent market news will be reported in the Latest News Headlines widget on the right column of your page. Click any headline to view the corresponding news story.
The Top Stories widget at the bottom of the right column of the page is dynamically populated to include the news events or topics that are appearing most frequently in today's news. Click View More Headlines to expand the selection of articles available.
The tools described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security. Investors should fully research any security before making an investment decision.