Today's Market News
Scottrade provides Today's Market News from credible sources including Dow Jones, S&P, Briefing.com and the aggregate newswires. Access to the latest news can help you spot and react to market opportunities related to news events. Current news can help you track company and stock changes that impact the market and your investments. To view up-to-date news and commentary, go to the Quotes & Research tab of your account, choose Markets from the left navigation menu and click Today's Market News.
The Today's Market News page includes the following features:
- Enter a search term in the field provided and use the drop-down box to filter your search to include All News & Commentary, News Headlines, S&P Commentary only or Briefing.com Commentary only. A list of symbols recently mentioned in the news is provided to the right of the search field to help you keep up to date with current market developments.
- Headlines & Commentary News articles are divided into News Headlines, S&P Commentary and Briefing.com Commentary sections. Each section can be filtered to match your research preferences using the drop-down boxes provided. To change the order in which each section appears, click the handle to the left of that section header and drag the section to a new location.
- Market Calendar - Access to the Market Calendar is provided on the right rail of the Markets Overview page. Click on any of the events categories to view information specific to that category or click View All Calendar Activity to see the full Market Calendar.
- Market Edge - The Market Edge widget provides access to current and historical reports supplied by Market Edge.
- Top Stories - The Top Stories widget in the lower right column of the page is dynamically populated to include the news events or topics that are appearing most frequently in today's news. Click View More Headlines to expand the selection of articles available.
Watch Research & Analysis Tools in the Trading Website to learn how the in-depth research tools in the Scottrade Trading Website can enhance your trading and help you react quickly to market opportunities that fit your investment strategy.
The tools described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security. Investors should fully research any security before making an investment decision.