To view fundamental performance data for a company, enter a symbol in the Detailed Quote box in the top right corner of your account or on the Stocks Overview page and go to the Fundamentals tab. Fundamental analysis can help you analyze a company's financial strength and management success to determine whether or not securities from that company match your investment objectives.
The Fundamentals page gives you detailed information for a stock's issuing company, including the company's profitability, valuation, management effectiveness, income statements, financial strength, growth, per share data and short interest. The Fundamentals tab defaults to the company's performance in each category alone. The performance of the company compared with its industry peers and against the industry average is listed on the Peers & Industry tab.
Information categories shown on the Fundamentals page are composed of the following:
- Profitability - gross margin, net profit margin, operating margin, pretax margin
- Valuation - P/E excluding extraordinary items, P/E normalized, P/sales, P/tangible book, P/cash flow
- Financial Strength - current ratio, quick ratio, LT debt/equity, total debt/equity, payout ratio
- Management Effectiveness - return on assets, return on equity, return on investments
- Growth - sales (five year), earnings per share (EPS), dividend growth (five year)
- Income Statement - revenue, EBITDA, earnings before taxes, net income, normalized earnings before taxes, normalized net income
- Per Share Data - EPS excluding extraordinary items, EPS normalized, revenue per share, BV per share, tangible BV per share, cash per share, cash flow per share, indicated annual dividend (U.S.)
- Short Interest - shares short for the current month, short ratio, short interest as a percentage of float, shares short for the prior month
An overview of the stock's issuing company and the company's contact information are provided in the right column of the Fundamentals page.
You can easily view a quote, set an alert, add the stock to your watch list or place a trade by using the buttons in the toolbar at the top of the page.
Watch Research & Analysis Tools in the Trading Website to learn how the in-depth research tools in the Scottrade Trading Website can enhance your trading and help you react quickly to market opportunities that fit your investment strategy.
The tools described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security. Investors should fully research any security before making an investment decision.