Conditional Orders (CO)
To place a Conditional Order (CO) from your Scottrade® account:
- Hover over Trade at the top of the page.
- Click Conditional Order under the heading of the type you’d like to trade (Stocks/ETFs or Options).
- Select your buy/sell action from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the number of shares you wish to buy or sell.
- Enter your symbol.
- Select the type of order you would like to trigger should the specified condition be met. You may select a market, limit or trailing stop order. If Limit or Trailing Stop is chosen, then enter the Limit Price or Trailing Stop Amount.
- Select the duration. You may select Day, Good 'til Canceled or Good 'til Date.
Select the condition that must be met for the order to be triggered.
- Select your security type. You may select Stock/ETF, Index or Option.
- Enter your symbol. If you are entering an option order, you must put a period in front of the symbol.
- Select the trigger and condition type.
- Input the trigger amount.
- Enter the expiration date. This date represents the day by which the event has to occur for the order to trigger. If the event has not triggered by this date, then the order will cancel. Select the time you wish for the order to be triggered by. This corresponds to the date you previously set.
- If you would like to add a second condition to the order, click Add Another Condition.
- Click on the Review Order Button.
- After verifying your order, then click on the Place Order button.
Specific securities represented in this manual are for illustration purposes only. Any information concerning a particular security should not be considered a recommendation or a solicitation of that security. Illustrations may not represent current market values.