Trading Options from Time & Sales
The Time & Sales window uses the Option Builder to help you enter an option symbol.
- To the right of the symbol box, click the Show Option Builder button. The Time & Sales window will expand to display the Option Builder tools.
- In the Underlying Symbol box, type the symbol of the underlying security you want to monitor and then press Enter.
- From the Call/Put list, select Calls or Puts.
- From the Expiration list, select when the option expires.
- From the Strike box, select the strike price and then click Go.
- The Option Builder will close and populate your Time & Sales screen with the option contract you have selected.
Note: Option symbols are read-only. To change a symbol you have created, use the Option Builder to create the new symbol.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in Scottrade's Options Application and Agreement, Brokerage Account Agreement, and Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options (available at your local Scottrade branch office or from the Options Clearing Corporation at 1-888-OPTIONS or by visiting www.888options.com). All option accounts require prior approval by Scottrade. Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.