Adding or Trading Options
To access the Option Symbol Builder to help you enter an option symbol:
- Click the Option Builder icon to build your symbol. This icon is located to the right of the Symbol box in the top left corner of your Watch Lists window.
The Watch Lists window will expand to display the Option Builder tools.
- In the Underlying box, type the symbol of the underlying security and then press Enter.
- From the Call/Put list, select Calls or Puts.
- From the Expiration list, select when the option expires.
- From the Strike box, select the strike price and then click Go.
Note: You can also view the quotes for each exchange on which a particular symbol is trading by typing a pound sign (#) before the symbol to expand it.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in Scottrade's Options Application and Agreement, Brokerage Account Agreement, and Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options (available at your local Scottrade branch office or from the Options Clearing Corporation at 1-888-OPTIONS or by visiting www.888options.com). All option accounts require prior approval by Scottrade. Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.