Zacks Predefined Screener
What is Zacks Predefined Screener1?
Scottrade has partnered with Zacks Investment Research to take advantage of its expertise in researching and analyzing U.S. equities. The Zacks Predefined Screener is a tool to help clients isolate possible stocks that may meet their risk tolerance and return objectives.
To be included in the Zacks list, a stock must meet five requirements:
- Exist in the Zacks database.
- Be a U.S. stock.
- Trade on the New York Stock Exchange, AMEX or NASDAQ.
- Have a minimum price of $5.
- Have an average trading dollar volume of $5 million (over the last 20 trading days).
Why Use Zacks Predefined Screener?
With the help of the Zacks Predefined Screener, you can:
- Drill down to companies that fit Zacks' specific criteria.
- Save predefined screens to use later.
- Use the Zacks Indicator Model, which attempts to capitalize on stock price movements resulting from earnings estimate revisions and earnings surprises.
Accessing Zacks Predefined Screener
You can access the tool in one of two ways:
- On the Main Menu, point to Research, and then click Zacks Predefined Screener.
- On the Research Menu, click Zacks Predefined Screener.
The Zacks window will appear.
Placing a Trade Using Zacks
- Click a symbol to add it to a trade ticket.
- The populated trade ticket will display on the screen.
Using Column Features to Organize Zacks List
The list of approximately 2,000 stocks is not a recommendation and is sent in alphabetical order. The column headers provide the capability for you to manipulate the data in the columns.
The table that follows defines the columns you can sort in Zacks Predefined Screener:
Meets Zacks' Criteria
To meet Zacks' specific criteria, a stock has to have a Price Momentum Index score of greater than zero and an Indicator Raw Score less than or equal to three.
Displays stocks that meet the criteria as of today.
Displays stocks that met the criteria previously but no longer meet the criteria today.
To sort the data in a column by ascending order, click the tile at the top of the column. To sort the data in the column by descending order, click the tile again.
Saving a Zacks List to a Local Drive
Zacks' lists can be downloaded to Excel so you can sort and filter the list to your preference.
- To convert a Zacks' list to Excel and download the file, click the green Excel icon.
- In the Save As dialog box, enter a file name, and then save the file to the location you want.
1Zacks is not affiliated with Scottrade. Securities shown on the Zacks Predefined Screener list may not be appropriate under all circumstances and may not be suitable for all investors. There may be other more suitable options offered by Scottrade.
The information and content provided is for informational and/or educational purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or an endorsement of any specific investment strategy by Scottrade or its affiliates. You are fully responsible for your investment decisions. Your choice to engage in a particular investment or investment strategy should be based solely on your own research and evaluation of the risks involved, your financial circumstances, and your investment objectives. Scottrade, Inc. and its affiliates are not offering or providing, and will not offer or provide, any advice, opinion or recommendation of the suitability, value or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy.