Brokerage Account Balances in Scottrader
The Balances section of Scottrader can help you track different account balances and buying power in your account. To view your account balances, click the Balances button in the upper left corner of the Scottrader Quote Grid window.
Your Balances window may display some or all of the following information, depending on your account type:
- Total Account Value– The total sum of the following fields: Stocks, Mutual Funds & Bonds + Options Market Value + Total Money Balance.
- Total Money Balance– All funds credited to the account, including positive or negative funds from unsettled trades. Cash money balance, plus margin money balance, plus short sale proceeds.
- Buying Power: Marginable Securities– The total amount that may be used for the additional purchase or short selling of marginable securities. Buying Power for marginable securities is equal to twice the amount that may be used to purchase non-marginable securities. Any buying power used in excess of the available money balance is a loan and will be charged margin interest.
- Buying Power: Non-Marginable Securities– The total amount that may be used to purchase non-marginable securities or to withdraw from the account. Any buying power used in excess of the available money balance is a loan and will be charged margin interest.
- Beginning of Day DTBP– This is the maximum amount of available buying power that can be used for the current day (maintenance excess x 4). Day Trade Buying Power can never exceed the Beginning of Day DTBP limit.
- Today's Impact on DTBP– The net value of today's trades, using the current day's execution prices. This value adjusts your available Day Trade Buying Power. Today's Impact on DTBP will only include transactions considered Day Trades.
- Current Day Trading Buying Power (DTBP)– Resulting Day Trading Buying Power figure, based on the difference between the Day Trading Buying Power impact and the amount you started with (Beginning DTBP) at the start of the trading period.
In the graphic below, you can view cash, margin and day trading balances.
From the Balances window of Scottrader, you can also view the balances for a linked account, deposit funds into your account, place a trade or choose to visit Scottrade.com for more information.
To view balances for a linked account, select the account number from the drop-down menuin the upper left corner of the Balances window.
To Deposit Funds into one of Your Brokerage Accounts:
Click the Deposit $ icon at the top of the Balances window.
Funds will be deposited into the account currently open in the Balances window.
To Place a Trade from the Balances Window:
Click Quick Trade in the lower left corner and fill in the entry fields. Once all fields are complete, click Place Order.
All orders will be submitted in the account currently open in the Balances window.
For More Details:
Visit Scottrade.com by clicking the Detailed Balances link in the top left corner of the Balances window. This will direct you to the My Account tab of your Scottrade account.
When you are finished viewing your account balances, you can navigate to Open Orders, My Positions or Today's Executions via the tabs at the top of the Balances window.