Scottrader offers up to three different layouts that can be personalized to match your trading interests. Once you have arranged the Scottrader windows to meet your preferences, assign a name to your arrangement(s) using descriptive titles to help you navigate between multiple layouts.
In the graphic below, the Quote Grid, Chart, Detailed Quote, Trade and Active Ticker windows have been arranged to create a sample layout.
Create a Layout
- Start from the Scottrader Quote Grid.
- Open all the windows you want to include in your layout using the buttons at the top of the Quote Grid window.
- Assign a location to each window in your layout and configure the windows to match your trading preferences.
- Once your windows have been arranged, click Save This Layout in the bottom left corner of the Quote Grid window.
- From the Save Layout box, choose to save your settings as Layout 1, Layout 2, or Layout 3.
Your layout and configuration settings will be saved for future use. The layout will now appear each time you select the corresponding layout tab from the Scottrader Quote Grid window.
Right-click the layout tabs at the bottom of the Quote Grid window and choose Save Current Layout As at any time to save the current position and configuration of all your open windows.
Rename Your Layouts
You can rename any of your layouts by double-clicking or right-clicking on a layout tab in the lower left corner of the Quote Grid window or by following the steps below:
- Click the Preferences link in the upper right corner of the Quote Grid window.
- Choose the Display tab from the Preferences box.
- Select the layout you want to rename from the drop-down box.
- Click the Rename link.
- Click Apply.
Tips for Layout Maintenance
- Navigate between layouts using the Layout tabs in the bottom left corner of the Quote Grid window.
- To choose a default layout, click the Preferences link in the top right corner of the Scottrader Quote Grid window and choose the Layout Configure tab from the box that appears. Use the drop-down menu to select a default layout and then click Apply.
- To change one of your layouts, make any adjustments you want to see implemented and then click Save This Layout.
Note– If any changes are made while a layout is open, you will be asked whether or not you would like to save the changes before you exit Scottrader.