Top Ten in Scottrader
Scottrader allows you to review the top or bottom securities according to the performance criteria of your choice. Stocks/ETFs are organized by the three major exchanges - NYSE, NASDAQ and Amex - while options are listed separately. For each criterion selected in the Top Ten window, you will be able to view the ten stocks/ETFs or options that most closely meet that criterion. You may open up to ten Top Ten tabs in a Top Ten window. Additional Top Ten windows can be opened by clicking Top Ten again from the top of the Quote Grid window. Up to five Top Ten windows can be open at a time. Each Top Ten window is designed to offer a broad view of the market action on which you may choose to base your trading decisions. Information in Top Ten windows is refreshed every 30 seconds to provide real-time data.
Configuring the Top Ten Window
- Click the Top Ten button in the Scottrader Quote Grid window.
- Choose an exchange from the Exchange drop-down menu. Your choices are NYSE, NASDAQ, NYSE MKT LLC or Option
- To add top ten criteria, open the Display the Top drop-down menu and select from the following:
- Equity Top Volume
- Equity Top $ Gainers
- Equity Top $ Losers
- Equity Top % Gainers
- EquityTop % Losers
Note– For options, you must select from the criteria for call or the criteria for puts from the Display the Top drop-down menu.
Note– NYSE Top % Gainers will automatically display when you open a Top Ten window. You can close this tab by clicking the X in the right corner of that tab.
- Set your default view by choosing the data that appears when you open a Top Ten window. To set your default view, click the Configure button from the top of the Top Ten window. Make your selection then click OK.
- To open additional Top Ten lists, click the plus symbol, '+', from the top of the Top Ten window then repeat steps two and three.
- To open additional Top Ten windows, repeats steps one, two and three.
- To close a Top Ten list, click the X in the right corner of that list (tab).
- To close a Top Ten window, click the X in the right corner of that window.
- To place a trade from the Top Ten window, click Quick Trade.
Use the Linker Tool to connect the Top Ten window to other windows throughout Scottrader.