Standard Trades in Scottrader
To place a trade using Scottrader, click the Trade button in the Quote Grid window, click Quick Trade from any supplementary window or click any of the Buy or Sell links located in Trading columns throughout the account management windows.
When you're placing a standard order:
- Using the drop-down menuin the upper left corner of the Trade window, select the account in which you want the order to be submitted.
- Choose to Buy, Sell, Sell Short or Buy to Cover using the Market Side drop-down menu.
- Enter the Symbol and Quantity of the security you wish to trade. If you clicked a Buy or Sell link from any of the account management screens, the Symbol and Quantity entry fields will automatically populate based on your account holdings. You may edit either of these fields prior to the order's execution.
- Choose the type of order you would like to place from the Order Type drop-down menu. If applicable, enter a limit price, stop price, trail type or trail amount in the entry fields provided to match your order.
- Select the duration for your order from the Time In Force drop-down box. Choose Day, Good Until Canceled (GTC) or Good Until Date (GTD). Your trading session will be automatically displayed.
- If you want to apply an all-or-none (AON) qualifier to your trade, check the AON box.
- Click Place Order.
- To finalize your order, review the information on the Confirmation screen and click OK.
To modify or cancel an order before it has been executed, click Open Orders in the top left of the main Scottrader quotes screen. Next to the order you want to change, choose the Modify or Cancel link.
To configure your order entry fields with pre-set information, click the Configure link in the Trade window and choose the Trade Configure tab. Once you have configured your trading functionality, selected order entry fields will auto-fill according to your chosen default settings.