Ways to Fund Your Account
Five Ways to Fund
Scottrade offers five easy ways to fund your online brokerage accounts, with most funding sources applicable to all accounts, including individual, joint, retirement, education savings, trust, corporate or other accounts.
Make secure electronic fund transfers into your Scottrade individual, joint and IRA accounts, including Coverdell Education Savings Accounts (ESAs). Please note that Money Direct funds cannot be used to purchase stocks under $3, non-marginable stock, unlisted stock or any options until the third business day after deposit.* To fund using Money Direct:
- Log into your account and click the My Account tab.
- Select “Deposits” from the left-hand menu, then click “Use Money Direct.”
- Agree to the Money Direct Terms and Conditions, then enter your bank account and routing numbers.
Send a check to your branch. Deposits post the same day, but it may take up to 24 hours for the funds to be available. For first-time funding, you can use a personal check, cashier’s check, certified bank check, money order, money market check or a foreign check (payable in U.S. dollars and cleared through a U.S. bank). Scottrade also accepts additional check types when funding an existing account.
3. Wire Funds
You can wire funds from any financial institution. Transfers are typically same day, but it may take up to 24 hours before the funds are available. You’ll need to provide the following information to your bank:
- US Bank
- 721 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO 63101
- ABA Number 081000210 (international institutions use SWIFT code USBKUS44IMT)
- Scottrade Account 1001086162
- Scottrade Address: P.O. Box 31759, St. Louis, MO 63131-0759
- Further credit to: Provide your Scottrade account number and name
4. Transfer an Existing Account
Submit an Account Transfer Form (PDF) and a copy of your most recent account statement to your local branch office. Most account transfers are completed in three to five business days. To make a transfer from an existing Scottrade account, submit a Letter of Authorization to Transfer (PDF).
5. Deposit Stock Certificates
Scottrade accepts most physical stock certificates. You can deposit stock into your account by delivering a signed stock certificate to your local Scottrade branch office or by transferring stock from an existing brokerage account. To deposit a stock certificate, please contact your local Scottrade branch office to determine the appropriate paperwork needed.
* Deposits made prior to 8:45 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday are credited to your Scottrade account same-day. All other requests, including those made on bank holidays, are processed on the following business day around 6 a.m. (ET). Additional trading restrictions and deposit limits may also apply.
Note: Scottrade does not accept cash deposits. To deposit stock certificates, please contact your local branch office.