- Use the new Profit Loss tool to see your maximum gain/loss potential before you place a trade.
- Access the latest market analysis and commentary from industry-leading professionals.
- Access the benefits of online banking with instant access to Scottrade Bank.
13 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Compute Potential Profit and Loss on Options
Explore how options prices are affected by dynamic market forces.
- Analyze multiple what-if scenarios.
- Clarify the risks and rewards on existing trades or potential future trades.
- Evaluate multiple option contracts to understand various trading strategies.
2. Switch Between Your Favorite Layouts with New Layout Hot Keys
Using pre-set, open layout selections in the Hot Key library, you can:
- Set up a hot key in a few simple steps.
- Select up to eight preferred layouts.
- Eliminate extra mouse clicks to help expedite your trading tasks.
Reminder: Hot keys are available for almost any action in ScottradeELITE, including:
- Buying or selling an order
- Launching another window within the platform
- Placing an order
- Cancelling the last-entered order
- Saving a layout
- Switching to other saved layouts
- Printing a window
- Logging off
3. View Additional Expirations in an Expanded List in Option Chains
- By default, the Option Chains grid displays newly-added, standard expirations in an expanded state.
- Quickly and easily see all options quotes and strike prices grouped by selected expiration dates.
- Choose to show, hide or close the strikes for an expiration date by clicking the Expand (+), Collapse (-) or Close (X) buttons.
4. Get Immediate Trailing Stop-on-Quote Order Details in Order Status
- Enhanced Order Status layout reflects real-time updates to your trailing stop-on-quote order as market conditions change.
- Instantly confirm the trailing stop-on-quote order type you placed, distinguish between your orders and know their status.
Enhancements include a new price field which displays:
- Current trigger price
- Trailing stop-on-quote type (% or $)
- Trailing stop-on-quote amount
5. Three New Ways to See Nasdaq Velocity & Forces® Data
Velocity and Forces information can help you gain insight into market conditions. Apply intuitive Velocity & Forces® pre-set data feeds directly to these windows:
- Watch Lists
- Detailed Quotes
- Top Performers
6. Use Scottrade Bank® Access to Manage Your Bank Account
- Convenient location on the Account tab eliminates the need to launch Scottrade Bank from a separate browser.
- Makes multi-tasking even easier.
- Includes access to all Scottrade Bank® accounts.
7. Take the Fast Track to Market Learning
- Available on the Research tab, read the latest report on current market events or get insights into what may happen in the coming months.
- Refine your investing strategy in real-time or on your own time with Strategy Sessions, brought to you by Learning Markets1.
- Trading novices and masters alike can access the Trader Podcasts, brought to you by Learning Markets1.
8. Analyze Trends in Price Volatility Using New Volatility Indicators
- Add three new volatility indicators to Charts:
- Volatility Comparison
- Volatility Range
- Volatility Difference
- Compare trends in past price movements (historical volatility) with the market’s prediction for future movements (implied volatility) to help identify trading opportunities.
- Analyze trends in implied volatility levels to help determine if option prices are cheap or expensive.
9. Feast Your Eyes on a Renewed Favorite: Dark Theme
- Sleek, low-contrast, client-preferred Dark Theme loads by default..
- Easily select and activate three, ready-to-use themes: Dark, Monochrome or Light.
- Gives you a superior visual experience with your ScottradeELITE® trading tools.
10. Place Short Trades Using Simple Ticket
- One-click, conveniently-located Buy to Cover and Sell Short order types are now available.
- Easily saves to a layout.
- Leverage space-saving, condensed design and scalability to execute opening and closing short trades.
11. Two Ways to Discover What’s New in This Release
See key features and enhancements bundled in the latest release of ScottradeELITE from the following locations:
- Main Menu
- Help Menu
12. Need Help? Have Questions? Let Us Be Your Guide.
- Now available in the redesigned Help menu, the ScottradeELITE® User Guide provides help when you need it.
- Get instant answers or take your knowledge to the next level with our step-by-step instructions in a downloadable (PDF) file,
- We continually add more information to simplify your trading experience.
13. Bringing Back a Classic
Set up new ScottradeELITE with the Classic Ticker style and capabilities found in legacy ScottradeELITE:
- Color changes instantly flag stocks hitting new daily highs and lows.
- New ScottradeELITE default layout mimics the Classic Ticker scheme.
Scottrade, Inc. and Scottrade Bank are separate but affiliated companies and are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Scottrade Financial Services, Inc. Brokerage products and services offered by Scottrade, Inc. - Member FINRA and SIPC.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in the Scottrade Options Application and Agreement, Brokerage Account Agreement, and by downloading the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and Supplements (PDF) from The Options Clearing Corporation, or by requesting a copy from a Scottrade branch office. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.
Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
You must have $500 in equity in an Individual, Joint, Trust, Traditional IRA, Roth IRA, or SEP IRA account with Scottrade to be eligible for a Scottrade Bank® account. In this instance, equity is defined as Total Brokerage Account Value minus Recent Brokerage Deposits on Hold.
The analytical tools described are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security or financial product or instrument, or to engage in any specific investment strategy. The choice to engage in a particular investment strategy or use a specific investment tool should be based solely on your own research and evaluation of the risks involved, your financial circumstances and your investment objectives.
Third-party websites, research, and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
NASDAQ Market Velocity® and NASDAQ Market Forces® (Velocity and Forces) measure levels of pre-trade order activity in the NASDAQ® trading system. They work together to indicate the intensity of trading interest and relative buy versus sell pressure for NASDAQ-, NYSE- and Amex-listed securities. Data for NYSE- and Amex-listed securities are limited to data derived from quoting and trading on the NASDAQ Market Center. As with any trading tool, NASDAQ Velocity and Forces does not guarantee a profit.
¹ Brought to you by Learning Markets. The materials presented are being provided to you for educational purposes only. Scottrade, Inc. and its affiliates have not created and are not responsible for such materials. The content of such materials has not been adopted, endorsed or approved by Scottrade or its affiliates. The content was created and is being presented by an independent party not employed by or affiliated with Scottrade or its affiliates. The information presented or discussed is not a recommendation or an offer of, or solicitation of an offer by, Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security or other financial product or an endorsement or affirmation of any specific investment strategy. You are fully responsible for your investment decisions. Your choice to engage in a particular investment or investment strategy should be based solely on your own research and evaluation of the risks involved, your financial circumstances and your investment objectives. Scottrade and its affiliates are not offering or providing, and will not offer or provide, any advice, opinion or recommendation of the suitability, value or profitability of any particular investment or investment strategy.