6 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Try New Trade Ideas® Channels Layout Before You Buy
Trade Ideas1 is a real-time stock analysis tool that filters the market based on statistical and technical analysis criteria identified by you. The next generation in pre-trade analysis tools, Trade Ideas enables strategy optimization and opportunity detection for any of today’s market conditions.
- At no cost, explore Trade Ideas for 14 days.
- Subscribe for only $15 per month and get the same functionality as Trade Ideas Pro®.
- Model your trading plans in an easy-to-navigate, graphical interface.
- Use Trade Ideas together with ScottradeELITE’s advanced trading tools (charts, news and research, etc.) to help identify new opportunities, develop trading scenarios, manage risk and validate market trends.
2. Gain Access to Unique Content from Recognia®1 Market Newsletter to Optimize Your Trading Strategy2
- Sign up for free, daily trade ideas delivered to your inbox an in e-newsletter format (available in English, Simplified Chinese or Traditional Chinese).
- Newsletter content includes the following:
- Three bullish and three bearish ideas based on classic chart patterns
- A brief description of the trend
- A thumbnail chart image that launches Recognia’s website
- Allows traders to rapidly:
- Realize trading prospects
- Confirm trading decisions based on the price action
- Manage risk
3. Manage Layouts in a Single Click with Quick Access Bar
- Choose one of three preset Scottrade layouts for easy setup.
- Easily distinguish between default, custom and Scottrade preset layouts.
- Change your system settings to show or hide the Quick Access Bar.
- Experience similar layout style and functionality found in legacy ScottradeELITE.
4. Get Access to Self-Directed Investment Research that Leverages the Benefits of Computer Automation and Analysis
- Recognia® AlertWire™ to Spot Potential Trading Opportunities and Manage Risk
- Receive free, daily trade ideas, technical analysis on stocks and significant market developments in a news feed format.
- Automates the financial decision-making process by offering active research for new and experienced traders alike.
- Displays headlines of emerging chart patterns to illustrate key price developments, helping traders find opportunities with confidence.
- Get Access to Recognia® Strategy Builder™ to Get Deeper Insight into a Trade Opportunity
- Identify and analyze complementary strategies for selecting investment candidates.
- Receive opportunities tailored to a range of styles and research preferences, complete with alert notification.
- Walk through a guided, educational online experience to help you discover and evaluate strategies for selecting stocks.
- Allows both novice and advanced traders to build strategies based on technical and fundamental analyses.
- Build a community of followers and enable sharing of strategies and models.
- Provides hypothetical trading scenario capabilities that allow your strategies to be tested against up to 5 years of historical stock market data.
- Get started today using pre-defined strategy screens or create your own strategy screens and see what others are watching in the marketplace.
- Get Access to Recognia® Technical Insight™ to Uncover Countless Ideas Based on Your Trading Preferences
- Find, validate and time your trades with clear and actionable interpretation.
- Locate trade opportunities based on automated technical and fundamental analysis, chart pattern recognition, and historical data.
- Manage risk by setting up alerts for any new trade opportunities or any significant changes to your stocks of interest.
- Get Access to Recognia® Value Analyzer™ to Recognize Value Investments and Help You Build a Portfolio of Value Equities
- Provides a list of pre-screened investment ideas that are updated daily and organized by industry groups.
- Uses value-based investing industry research to recognize if an equity is potentially overvalued or undervalued.
- Certifies ideas using value analysis that classifies the value of the equities based on key value investing metrics.
5. More Ways to Manage Your Watch Lists
Using the Watch List menu or right-click functionality, you can do the following and more:
- Build a custom watch list to monitor securities that most interest you.
- Monitor securities in up to 500 watch lists at once.
- Place a trade.
- Receive alerts about changes to a security.
- Load a security in one of eight other windows on the ScottradeELITE platform.
- Apply headings to organize and separate groups of securities within a list.
- Add options to your watch list directly from an option chain.
6. Get Started on New ScottradeELITE with the Configuration Wizard
- Explore and configure key tools, such as Order Entry, Charts, Watch Lists, and more.
- Subscribe to premium data services, streaming news sources, newsletters, and news feed providers instantly.
- Choose from preset layouts, themes, font sizes, and select your streaming data preferences.
1 Scottrade and Trade-Ideas™ are separate companies and the information provided by Trade-Ideas™ should not be attributed to Scottrade. Please research any product or service carefully before making a purchase.
2 Scottrade and Recognia are not affiliated. The information provided is for educational purposes only and Scottrade is not responsible for statements, offers, or products issued by Recognia. Scottrade assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the data. No information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. Please research any product or service carefully before investing.
Any specific securities, or types of securities, used as examples are for demonstration purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security.
Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
The analytical tools described are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security or financial product or instrument, or to engage in any specific investment strategy. The choice to engage in a particular investment strategy or use a specific investment tool should be based solely on your own research and evaluation of the risks involved, your financial circumstances and your investment objectives.
Third-party websites, research, and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
Indexes are unmanaged and one cannot directly invest in an index.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in the Scottrade Options Application and Agreement,Brokerage Account Agreement, and by downloading the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and Supplements from The Options Clearing Corporation, or by requesting a copy from a Scottrade branch office. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.
All investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money. Past performance does not guarantee future results.