3 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Set Aroon Indicators to Detect Potential Emerging Trends and Measure Trend Strength
- Use a sophisticated market analysis tool to help you spot, analyze and respond to market trends.
- Aroon combines two separate, complementary indicators (Aroon-Up or Aroon-Down) to measure elapsed time between new highs and lows for a specified time period.
2. Apply the 3/10 Oscillator to Gauge Momentum and See Price Divergence
- Get a different perspective on your price action analysis.
- The 3/10 (“fast” line) and 16-period SMA (“slow” or “trend” line) can help do the following:
- Emphasize chart formations.
- Verify wave structure and short-term price swings.
3. Build a Chart Using Heikin Ashi Candlesticks to Capture Trends and Find Potential Trade Opportunities
- Add a unique technical analysis tool to your arsenal to gain a different perspective on price action.
- Using this chart type, you can:
- Filter noise and gain a clearer visual representation of a trend.
- See indications of trend reversals while viewing classic chart patterns to aid you in your trading decisions.
Any specific securities, or types of securities, used as examples are for demonstration purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security.
Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
The analytical tools described are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security or financial product or instrument, or to engage in any specific investment strategy. The choice to engage in a particular investment strategy or use a specific investment tool should be based solely on your own research and evaluation of the risks involved, your financial circumstances and your investment objectives.
Third-party websites, research, and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
Indexes are unmanaged and one cannot directly invest in an index.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in the Scottrade Options Application and Agreement,Brokerage Account Agreement, and by downloading the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and Supplements from The Options Clearing Corporation, or by requesting a copy from a Scottrade branch office. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.
All investing involves risk. The value of your investment will fluctuate over time and you may gain or lose money. Past performance does not guarantee future results.