3 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Manage Zacks Predefined Screener1 data to find companies that meet your trading goals.
- Sort data by column header.
- Leverage tooltips for all column headers to get descriptions of companies that interest you.
- Save it as a Watch List.
- Select the “Meets Zacks Criteria” check box to only display results that currently meet Zacks criteria.
- Enter symbol to filter down to a single security.
- Click the Reset button to clear the filters and display the default list.
2. Discover upcoming and recent events for the security you’re monitoring.
- The new Events column shows five event types across four windows.
- Event types available:
- Offerings (IPO and SPO)
- Zacks Predefined Screener items
- Earnings (historical earnings2 and future earnings3)
- Available windows:
- Watch List
- Detailed Quote
- Top Performers
- Event types available:
- Add the new column to your windows by using the Configure option from the top-left window menu.
- Hover over the icon to view event details.
- Earnings and Dividends show upcoming events 3 weeks ahead in all 4 windows. Charts displays all historical earnings available, and earnings 3 weeks ahead.
- All event types show historical events for the past 5 days.
- Events are in context to the pricing information and may help you to see relationships.
3. Set the Support and Resistance indicator to help identify and follow potential price trends.
Using the Support and Resistance indicator can help you:
- Spot a trading range.
- See transitions in trends.
- Identify continuation patterns.
- Detect gaps.
- Automatically plot all of your horizontal support and resistance levels.
1 Zacks is not affiliated with Scottrade. Securities shown on the Zacks Predefined Screener list may not be appropriate under all circumstances and may not be suitable for all investors. There may be other more suitable options offered by Scottrade.
2 Estimated future earnings are subject to change and are not guaranteed.
3 Actual earnings do not guarantee future results.
The analytical tools and strategies described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or endorsement of any specific investment, tool or strategy. The choice to engage in a specific investment, tool or strategy should be based solely on your research and evaluation of risks involved, your financial circumstances and investment objectives. Securities are subject to market fluctuation and may lose value.
Market volatility, volume and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
Any specific securities, or types of securities, used as examples are for demonstration purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security.
Third-party websites, research and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
Indexes are unmanaged and one cannot directly invest in an index.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in the Scottrade Options Application and Agreement,Brokerage Account Agreement, and by downloading the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and Supplements from The Options Clearing Corporation, or by requesting a copy from a Scottrade branch office. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request.