7 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Get actionable data from the new IPO
- See a detailed summary of historical and upcoming initial
- View IPO ratings, price range, expected symbol, expected trade date
and deal value.
- Sort or filter data by column headings, save data to a watch list or
trade from the window.*
2. Search Recognia® AlertWire™1 stories to find
technical events that interest you.
- Filter stories by date and type, and then sort the results by
- View Recognia® event details along with a chart displaying the
- Trade directly from the Recognia® AlertWire™ window.
3. Updated Bollinger Band Width Indicator to track
market volatility and price movement.
- Add this oscillator indicator to your chart to measure market volatility and use the new “band” line to highlight levels in the upper
- Identify the consolidation period of a price and stay informed about potential upcoming price breakouts.
- Increase the value of the band line to generate more frequent signals from extreme lows in volatility, or decrease the value of the band line to see less frequent signals.
4. Set up the new Pivot Spread Indicator to identify
low-volatility cycles and potential price breakouts.
- Detect low-volatility cycles and when a prospective price breakout
- Highlight extreme contractions between upper and lower pivots.
5. Discover intraday reversals with the Divergence on
- Spot intraday reversals in a non-trending market by viewing the net difference between volume on the bid and volume on the ask, displayed as a histogram. Positive values represent buying pressure; negative values represent selling pressure.
- If a new high is made within the indicator look-back length and there is a negative indicator value (selling pressure), then a downward arrow signals a possible downturn.
- If a new low is made within the indicator look-back length and there is a positive indicator value (buying pressure), then an upward arrow signals a possible upturn.
- Adjust the look-back length to a shorter length for more signals, and a longer length for fewer signals.
- This indicator works on intraday time frames only.
- This indicator uses tick data, which is not available historically. Data will display only from the time it was added going forward. It should be added to your chart at the beginning of the trading session, allowing the indicator to display data for the entire trading session.
6. Set the McClellan Oscillator Indicator to measure
- This oscillator measures the underlying strength or weakness of the market by examining the relationship of
- Get a visual representation of potential overbought and oversold market conditions.
7. Load the last layout used instead of a default
layout when ScottradeELITE launches.
when you log on or load a layout you have chosen as the default.*
1Scottrade and Recognia are not affiliated. The information provided is for educational purposes only and Scottrade is not responsible for statements, offers, or products issued by Recognia. Scottrade assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the data. No information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. Please research any product or service carefully before investing.
Before investing in an Initial Public Offering, be sure that you are fully aware of the risks involved with this type of investing.
There are a variety of risk factors typically associated with investing in new issue securities, any of which may have a material and adverse effect on the price of the issuer’s common stock. IPOs may not be appropriate for every investor. Customers should read the offering prospectus carefully, and make their own determination of whether an investment in the offering is consistent with their investment objectives, financial situation, and risk tolerance.
The analytical tools and strategies described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or endorsement of any specific investment, tool or strategy. The choice to engage in a specific investment, tool or strategy should be based solely on your research and evaluation of risks involved, your financial circumstances and investment objectives. Securities are subject to market fluctuation and may lose value.
Any specific securities, or types of securities, used as examples are for demonstration purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security.
Past performance of a security or strategy does not guarantee the security or strategy will be successful in the future. Results could vary significantly, and losses could result.
Market volatility, volume and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
Third-party websites contain information that may be of interest or use to the reader. Third-party websites, research, and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
All investing involves risk. The value of your investment may fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.