What’s New in
Your trading strategy and our sophisticated technology are a powerful combination. The ScottradeELITE platform offers numerous online tools that fit the way you trade. Explore independent investment research tools, advanced charting indicators and account performance data so you can respond to market shifts with confidence.
Release 19 introduces several new features and enhancements outlined below.
3 New Ways to Use ScottradeELITE:
1. Use the new Contix tool to find trading opportunities based on scans of social media and traditional media for breaking news events.1
The new Contix tool in ScottradeELITE uses an algorithmic approach that identifies breaking news events from a wide variety of social media sources.
- Important financial news events today often break first on social media.
- Contix only sends alerts that present relevant breaking financial news events while filtering out noise.
- Easy to use and customize; choose how you want to incorporate the data in your trading decisions.
2. Apply the Ichimoku Cloud Indicator to your charts.
This indicator defines the direction of the prevailing trend, highlights areas of support and resistance, and can be used as a tool for entering and exiting trades.
- Five separate plots are calculated from the highs and lows for a specific time period.
- The cloud itself is shifted forward to give an indication of potential support and resistance in the future.
- The trend is regarded as positive when price is above the cloud, negative when price is below the cloud, and neutral when price is within the cloud.
3. New Hot Key navigation: Cycle through tabs in the active window (Control + Shift + G).
Use a pre-defined hot key to advance efficiently between tabs in the currently active window in your layout without using your mouse.
- If you have defined the hot key Control+Shift+G for another task already, you can change your hot key designation(s) by clicking Hot Keys from the Settings menu.
- The following windows support the hot key Control+Shift+G functionality:
- Watch Lists
- Option Chain
- Standard Order Entry
1Contix is a third party vendor providing information to Scottrade® clients via a monthly subscription service. Contix is responsible for management of their products, services and any applicable subscription fees. To unsubscribe from services, contact Contix.com with account information provided during enrollment.
Scottrade and Contix are not affiliated. The information provided is for educational purposes only and Scottrade is not responsible for statements, offers, or products issued by Contix. Scottrade assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the data. No information presented constitutes a recommendation by Scottrade or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. Please research any product or service carefully before investing.
The analytical tools and strategies described in this article are for information purposes only and their use does not guarantee a profit. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or endorsement of any specific investment, tool or strategy. The choice to engage in a specific investment, tool or strategy should be based solely on your research and evaluation of risks involved, your financial circumstances and investment objectives. Securities are subject to market fluctuation and may lose value.
Market volatility, volume and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
Any specific securities, or types of securities, used as examples are for demonstration purposes only. None of the information provided should be considered a recommendation or solicitation to invest in, or liquidate, a particular security or type of security.
Past performance of a security or strategy does not guarantee the security or strategy will be successful in the future. Results could vary significantly, and losses could result.
Indexes are unmanaged and one cannot directly invest in an index.
Market volatility, volume, and system availability may impact account access and trade execution.
Third party websites contain information that may be of interest or use to the reader. Third-party websites, research, and tools are from sources deemed reliable. Scottrade does not guarantee accuracy or completeness of the information and makes no assurances with respect to results to be obtained from their use.
All investing involves risk. The value of your investment may fluctuate over time, and you may gain or lose money.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. Detailed information on our policies and the risks associated with options can be found in the Scottrade Options Application and Agreement, Brokerage Account Agreement, and by downloading the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and Supplements (PDF) from The Options Clearing Corporation, or by requesting a copy from your local branch office. Market volatility, volume and system availability may impact account access and trade execution. Supporting documentation for any claims will be supplied upon request. Keep in mind profit will be reduced or loss worsened, as applicable, by the deduction of commissions, fees and taxes.